Thursday, July 21, 2005

Acces point ...

Today my thesis supervisor gave us 2 acces points with one wireless adapter which would be installed within our lab ... our beloved Wireless Network Research Group (WiNNER). YIPPEEE !! Finally our dream to have wireless accesses comes true !!

As a higher education student in our lab .. I was given a mandatory to test-drive these acces points, put all the settings within my computer and run the network management system. It's an honor for me to do the testing because wireless has become my daily breakfast ever since I joined the lab. Also, these running test is one of the breakthrough to my thesis which so much related to it. Once the test result ends good, all students who has their wireless access adapter installed within their machines ... voila!

At first I considered this installation as child's play, but once I got into it I realized that it's not. So many steps must be taken ie. setting up the proxy settings, IP address, and the most importing thing of all ... accessing the internet via wireless device. Theoritically, it is not as difficult as everyone thinks it is. The major setup was done in my computer I brought to the lab from my room.

But one thing I wonder about my computer is ... WHY I CANNOT CONNECT a wireless device to the acces point ??? It sucks to know, at first the configuration went normal but finally one trouble came out when I was about to configure the settings it's either the windows or technical problems. Not mentioning the complains of the AI3 admin to the LSS server admin about the worm virus attack to the network system. Sadly, the main attack was to our network!! The one and only thing I know is that my winXP is HOME edition and WITHOUT service packs which provide more security to the system. I'll be damned if the LSS admin put all the blame on me :((

Never fear .. Dimas! failure is not an option! like Gene Kranz said when he encountered Apollo 13 damaged within the vaccum space and managed to bring 3 astronauts safely back home. This case should've been a study case how to manage me and my team in the lab to bring that acces points to work ...

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger zuki said...

nggak pake linux aja? :-). Salam kenal yakh ...

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Dimas said...

Kalo make Linux sih belum pernah nyoba mas, tapi kayaknya seru juga tuh :P. Saat ini yg saya nyoba masih di XP ntar deh tak cobain di UNIX tapi kalo ada kesulitan konsultasi ke mas Zuki ya, hehehehehe.

Salam kenal juga buat mas Zuki dari Bandung :)

--Dimas

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home