Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Lessons in Dengue Fever ...

I got both dengue and thypus. It almost made me loss of hope to live especially when the doctor said I got both; not dengue only nor thypus only.

I spent a week exactly in hospital, today is the 2nd week I returned home.

At first I thought dengue and thypus only made my shaum even worse because I couldn't shaum while I was sick. My trombosite went down below a minimum level ie. 80K whereas 2 days before my last blood check it was about 180K. Definetely, I got a dengue ...

The sympthoms for dengue and typhus are the same so it's very hard to determine which one I got. The 1st diagnose told me I got thypus only but the 2nd diagnose I got dengue ... surprisingly I got both of them at a time. This shocked my entire family, all of them only got dengue but I was the worst. And it seemed that my medications were more intensive than my other family.

Well let's say that's an introduction ...

Regarding my words on my grief due to dengue I began to realize that I have to syukur to 4JJ1 because He gave me both dengue and thypus for certain purposes. I didn't notice this at first so by the time I got them I was just mumbling to myself why I was the one who got the worst, I even said .. dang, I wish this disease wasn't to me. I know it's not a good behavior to curse what we had in Islam but because my nature as human -we all make mistakes- I did that anyway :(.

My story about what I had experienced in hospital including my short story with nurse Elizabeth was written in previous post so I won't tell furthermore.

Recently I bagan to think that dengue and thypus was given to me because 4JJ1 loves me ... not trying to tell anyone I'm that cocky. Why ? It's because 4JJ1 knows me best even from myself. 4JJ1 gave me guidance with that but again, at first I didn't notice as much. And now ... I got the idea. I spent my time few times to think why I got both diseases, I noticed what Aa Gym said -I frankly forgot what exactly he said- but the point is that when Muslims experiencing difficulties in life perhaps that's the way 4JJ1 spares their sins so they learn their mistakes and do more better in the future. Yeah ... that's absolutely right, I did made mistakes to anyone and even to my former beloved ex. Now I see that by sickness I got more closer to 4JJ1, ask forgiveness to Him, and do'a may He guides me to Jannah He promised to Muslims who dedicated their life for Him. That's why I thought I need to ask forgiveness to whom I hurt either accidently or by chance.

Not only that ...

When I was about to pick my maid who also got influenced by dengue, I saw some people and even children had the same thing as us -not me who got 2 :D- but what attracted me more was a child who was on a bed in a 3rd class drank a small pack of guava juice -this is proven to increase trombosite- I noticed in a trash can there were packs of guava juice nearby while his mother sat beside him with a sad mimic; the kid was sweating which I believed because of the heat from outside -there were no A/C in 3rd class- I thought they were from a less-wealthy family based on their appearance, 4JJ1 ... I felt sad that time. I know how it feels when I get dengue, but this is a kid I'm talking about here ... while I'm a young adult which perhaps have more immunity. I could feel what he felt ... pain ? real pain. I saw a bottle of liquid hanging injected through his right arm. I was like him as well, injected through my left arm .. and every time the liquid's ran out I belled the nurse to change the bottle. Mistakenly I ever left the bottle empty and the liquid was about a half hose -it's very dangerous if air is injected through ven it could cause death-.

That time I syukur to 4JJ1 because I could get a 1st class which has A/C, TV, internal sink, alone, etc. While that kid was lying on a bed together with 4 other patients separated by a curtain. But there's something uncommon that time, I was feeling very sad. I thought if I could help that family with all I might I would but since I am a student, unemployed, and haven't got fixed earnings there's nothing I can do but to doa for his health. He was sick like me, ever crossed into my mind to talk or at least doa for him directly but I thought I would bother them because I'm a stranger so I didn't take the chance.

Lessons I got from dengue and thypus are a very precious treasure given from 4JJ1. If I weren't sick perhaps I would've not thinking about my neighbouring community, ignorant, arrogant. So by this 4JJ1 quickly corrected my behavior by giving me dengue and thypus.,

O 4JJ1, without Your givings .. what would I be ? Subhanallah walhamdulillah walailahaillallah wallahu akhbar.

O 4JJ1, whoever Muslim got sick from any diseases especially dengue and die because of it please give them the Jannah, spare their sins, and please ease their business when malaikat Munkar & Nakir interview them.

O 4JJ1, whoever that kid was ... please give him health so he could enjoy the sunshine You gave to us all and do his businesses.

O 4JJ1, I thank to You for giving me lessons I won't forget in life ...

O 4JJ1, I thank to You for what my ex did to me so I learn ...

O 4JJ1, I thank to You I am still alive now ...

--Dimas