Friday, October 07, 2005

Marhaban ya Ramadhan

Well here I am in WiNNER .. my lovely WiNNER,

Ramadhan started on 5th October 2005 in Hijriyah it is 1 Ramadhan 1426H, the terminology of Ramadhan in Arabic means burn. So in Ramadhan burn here means that 4JJ1 burns our sins out, the Naar gate is closed tight and Jannah gate opens wide. This is the month where all Muslims around the world executes shaum.

Shaum means we as Muslims must hold our nafs on just about anything beside not taking meals and drinks since Imsak until Maghrib comes and it's valid throughout the month. There are cases when we don't broke our shaum but the value of shaum is lost like getting mad to someone for example.

I remember the time when I was a little kid, I took my first shaum but -kids- I broke shaum by eating foods. But well it's my past, I was a kid anyway. Hey who didn't ? :P As my age getting older I began to realise that holding intention to eat and drink weren't everything. The point of shaum is self-control. How not to do anything bad and suchs. Subhanallah !

In the name of 4JJ1, I do shaum in Ramadhan in hope to get Your ridha ... O 4JJ1 ! Spare all of our sins O 4JJ1, and guide us in the way You desire, amin ya Rabbal Alamin.