Saturday, August 20, 2005

Men of Honor

I heard my thesis is also published in international forum.

Well .. this is one of the way to reach the IEEE membership (hahahahaha ...), so after some publications and signed up at it there it goes ! Of course, being a member of IEEE gives engineers a chance to formulate new standarizations for new electrical technologies launch.

Since my concentration is wireless network, the closest IEEE standarization is 802.xx -just keep in mind that 'xx' means 2 digits numbers-. Soon after I graduate, I would sign myself to IEEE so I could see what engineers are working on and what are the new specifications for emerging technologies.

Anyway that was an introduction, here comes the real point.

I called my thesis supervisor Dr.Ir. Yusep Rosmansyah about what I have in mind about my thesis, how I decided to dedicate the product of my thesis to the unfortunate people, and asked him wheter I'm doing this means I'm helping the dhuafa community. At first I was pesismist he would reply -before he replied my SMS- because it was a crazy thing to do as a student of him. Moreover, I am under his supervision .. so a false move means thesis rejection and that's a super error for a graduate student. But I got his reply somehow ...

A brief description on him ... when he was an undergraduate student -he was an electrical engineering ITB student class of 89, took both Master and Doctoral degree in University of Surrey, UK- in the 3rd year he took an OJT to PT Caltex Riau. Surprisingly his OJT was in Telecommunications Departement which was led by my father some time around '92 -I was still in Junior High that time- he even said .. 'oh perhaps it was your father who signed my OJT report'.

Back to the story,

The point of his reply was he has the same mission with me. He told me that this thesis is a form of 'establishment' which he would describe later in our meeting in WiNNER; additionally it's something we're doing in the name of Allah SWT -a thesis with a mission for the sake of Allah SWT ? Isn't that something honorable in front of Him ? I am very pleased :) -. So we are men of honor because we're doing something for Allah. Our ideas are the same, but he's my supervisor while I am his student .. that's a barrier between me and him; I cannot pass through the academic status therefore I couldn't treat him like my graduate fellows. I don't know exactly the details of what he meant in his SMS but I'll find out later ...

12 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, You're so kind ya!lam kenal

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Primadonna Angela said...

congrats, dim! :) kapan mau masang shoutbox? ^_^

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dimas said...

Waduh .. makasih ya semuanya :) buat mas dhika yah Insya Allah semuanya berjalan lancar dan buat my beloved sister, ntar masang shoutboxnya deh ya ;)

--Dimas

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Rafid said...

Horee, temanku yang suka ngeblog jadi nambah deh....semoga berhasil ya risetnya...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Dimas said...

Insya Allah Fid, ngomong2 it's nice to see you in cyberworld after years unseen :P ... oke deh met sukses aja buat kamu :)

--Dimas

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger lorddhikarenungan said...

Kang Dimas, bolehkah saya Link Blognyah?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Dimas said...

Waduh .. hatur nuhun pisan atuh, mangga :) saya masukin blok mas Dhika juga ya ?

--Dimas

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Yunus Idol said...

Kang Dimas...what a touching post. It's not mellow but it's still touching. And it proves that coincidences really exist in this world

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Yunus Idol said...

ps: i'm also waiting for the shoutbox

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Dimas said...

Hatur nuhun pisaan atuh kang Yunus, abdi can masang shoutboxna isukan we lah nya ? Abdi loba gawean didieu :(

--Dimas

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! email+marketing+pricing Online small business insurance broker harmful effects of long term use of xanax xanax health advise Quetiapine and buspirone Facial plastic surgery greenville sc Palm in car gps solution open Mixing xanax muscle relaxers Laser vision corrective eye surgery cleveland norton anti virus fonofpeepysforum q xanax zanax side effect Ethics legal advice How does paxil work to stop premature ejaculation

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Dance with the wolves King bidgood &aposs in the bathtub Malta projectors antivirus software Plasma lcd dlp weight loss plan Shemale toowoomba australia kissimmee answering service Mattress tacoma split queen http://www.inexpensive-large-area-rugs.info business schools How much are mp3 players erectile dysfunction Low price buspirone http://www.epson-stylus-c80-ink-cartridges.info Toyota ae 86 drug wellbutrin http://www.klonopin-5.info Jeep secondary indicator http://www.fax-machines-5.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home