Monday, August 29, 2005

Oh no .. I'm late :(

Last Wednesday I attended a class lectured by my thesis supervisor,

I take that class which name is Teknologi Jaringan Nirkabel & Bergerak .. and the schedule is on Wednesday at 1000 am. As usual before the class began he gave us some introductions on the lecture; mechanism of scoring, literatures, etc.

It is an interesting subject though .. wireless; what everybody's talking about. It's dangerous to put a limit on wireless -Marconi-. Yes I guess he forecasted far enough .. at least for this century -I believe in the next centuries-, without it we would've never made mobile conversations, data transfer via GPRS, EV-DO, EDGE or whatever the next generation networks is giving us. From the day we saw the handsets were very much alike handheld radio until the size is small enough for our palm to hold. Wheeew .. what a technology.

Many of my master degree fellows are taking it, so entering the 3rd semester is like taking regular classes -in the 3rd semester we are supposed to take elective courses, well of course for those who take the regular classes again hehehehehe-. 3 of my master fellows in WiNNER are taking it, I must take it because it's related to my thesis subject.

But I did an embarrasing moment ...

The class started a bit late since Dr.Ir. Yusep Rosmansyah had to go elsewhere prior to the class, but I was even more late. Hours before the class started I had to type my thesis draft I would present to him that day after the class has ended so I spent my time to type and later print that draft. I finished at 0930 am, after I noticed my watch I was quite surprised to see I have 30 more minutes to go to campus ... good grief, I takes 45 minutes for me to drive to campus not mentioning the traffic jams !! So right after I printed my draft I spooled up the engine and drove away.

Finally I arrived at campus at 1020 am .. 20 minutes late, it supposed to be 1000 am but I was late 20 minutes and I noticed the door was closed shut and locked. I knocked the door and he opened the door and allowed me to enter. I listened carefully to his brief descriptions about the lecture and noted some important subjects.

Later .. after he finished, he told us about his experience in UK and compared there with here. It was so contrast he told us and the students there were routinely in lab doing so many things related to their thesis and projects. While in here, lecturers who ARE busy finding students to ask their progresses. And enclosing the lecture he mentioned that in early days of classes, the students were only given the brief description, etc for not more than 15 minutes. And he said ... "well, like ONE OF YOUR FRIEND who came very late ..." then all students turned their face to me, oh man !! Where should I put my face :((

But things were back to normal when I gave my draft to him, I didn't feel anything since then. So he corrected my draft and advised me to change some contents. After that I returned to WiNNER .. I noticed there was a fellow master student -a Balinese lecturer who lectures in UNUD- told me "whew .. gotcha Dimas".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home