Friday, October 21, 2005

Thank you nurse Elizabeth

When my parents went to Boromeus hospital in order to take some notification letters for my brother they met nurse Elizabeth -a 30 y/o single nurse- .. the nurse who took care of me and exchanged stories between us when I was hospitalised.

I knew this nurse few days before I head out from the hospital. She was very kind to me and would hear my part of life stories, she even spent her duty time for a slight chat with me. This is something that nurses shouldn't do but she did anyway. The first time she talked to me it was a usual chat, but things went different after she asked me something in personal; she asked wheter I had a girlfriend or not ... well I told her the fact that I faced with my ex, she listened and gave me some supports -I just wonder why a nurse would give me something she shouldn't supposed to do-, she even told me her romance story. She told me she was betrayed by her boyfriend, they had enganged for further step ie. marriage but her boyfriend left her because he had another girl of his dream. It hurt her but she had to survive and she survived -whereas up till now she hasn't married yet-

I told her my romance life to her, one thing I remember I mentioned her I thought of her almost all the time in the hospital. Although I knew it would be very difficult to bring a ruined romance back but at that time I was still hoping. I didn't bring my cell phone with me that time because I ran out of credits and I shouldn't move too often that time so there's no way I could reach my friends in WiNNER, graduate fellows, friends, and especially my ex. I told nurse Elizabeth how I felt, but I was quite dissapointed because she told me it would be a rubbish to think of her after she hurt me; she left you and never wanting you back so why should you think of her whereas she might didn't think of you at all when you were sick. I felt pain at heart, because I still put a hope on her but nurse Elizabeth told me that. I should've heard her not only because she experienced something even worse than what I had but because she's a woman with heart as well. After I got back home I tried to contact her once more and told her what I thought when I was hospitalised, unfortunately nurse Elizabeth was right ... she didn't think of me at all, even worse she told me why I called her again in a bad tone -who didn't get hurt with that?- and told me I should take what nurse Elizabeth said (the underlined word).

Now I realize that nurse Elizabeth was right after all. Why would I've thought of someone who didn't even think of me at all when I was sick.

Thank you nurse Elizabeth, for hearing my stories and shared stories between us. I will never forget your kindness to me. I am looking forward to see you again -but not at hospital if you see what I mean :D- if possible I would like you to see me in Sabuga on my graduation day next year Insya 4JJ1, I would like you to see what I had achieved in academic study. Like what you told me .. you are a bright young man with a noble heart to help unfortunate people I know you could bring a better future. I want you to see me having achieved my aim of life and telling you I have succeded.

You've been so kind to me ever since I joined room 2417. Thank you once again. If there's anything I could do in return I would, I hope you find a man who understands you and could make a good family together with you :) I know you will find someone you can keep my words on it.

Well, nurse Elizabeth ... this blog's topic is dedicated to you as my respect on you, I will never forget you ... never. I'll see you again some other time ... as MT (Magister Teknik), Insya 4JJ1.

--Dimas

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home