Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bizzare Coincidence ...

Bismillah,

Well Subhanallah ... I just wonder instead of exilation due to my deep sadness because the one I love most had married someone else left me stateless I got surprises from Allah SWT. Starting from my journey to Lampung where eventually all hopes flushed out until now, I got new friend(s) with new thoughts, perceptions, and the most of all prays in Allah name.

At 30th of December last year --hehehe, it's 2009 now not 2008 anymore-- I went to the department of tax office located in Sukarno-Hatta street Bandung in order to submit and activate my NPWP. It was a crowded building there because there were lots of people either activating their NPWP or just for another purposes.

I went there at about 0800 hours. At that time I thought there were not many people yet in the queue so I decided to depart from home at 0730 ... taking shortcut would buy me some time, yes that's right. I managed to arrive at the designated office around 0800 hours. But alas, my prediction was missed. There were many people in the queue, and I was in the 139th :(

Apparantly there was a man, older than me, also in the queue for activating his NPWP. He asked me whether the activation would be in that place or not, then I replied gracefully yes. He sat down among the others while I was standing because I did not notice there was an empty seat just next to him. So he offered me to sit down because it would take a long time before we were called in. So I did take his offer.

I started to open the conversation as an ice breaker. We had a long and mutual conversation starting from where we were from until finally politics --not that "money politics" which had run for years hehehe--, from sport science to advices, the point is there were lots of topics we discussed as time goes by. Eventually he asked me what my name is. After he introduced himself I was a bit curious ... "if I'm not mistaken, I ever heard his name ... but where??" He told me he's from UPI Bandung from department of sport and health education.

He told me he ever gave lecture to ITB new students back in 1998. My curiosity converged ....

I was in class of T-02 --where were all those memories when I was "green" in ITB-- 10 errr ... 11 years ago. At the first year of ITB we were in a level of TPB (Tahap Persiapan Bersama) or most people said TPB is a 4th grade high school where all students from all departments excluding arts take the same subjects. One of our mandatory subjects was sports, so we obviously should take that subject. He apparantly taught us also but since it was 10 years ago --at that time-- so both of us could not recall, but I believe I ever heard of him.

So I told him, "Hey, perhaps you ever taught me 10 years ago when I was at TPB!" He replied, "Maybe because if I'm not mistaken I ever taught T-02" ... what a coincidence!! I met someone who taught me 10 years ago when I was in the first year of ITB!! I told him I planned to take my Ph.D this year in the US and he prayed for my success wherever I am. And I did the same. Moments prior to our call --he was in 134th and I was in 139th-- we finally stated that by talking mutual conversation time goes fast :D

His name is Mr. Drs. Basiran,M.Pd ... and our friendship started thereafter. It does proof that Allah SWT is The Almighty One, there are exchanges for everything He took away from His believer if His believer is ikhlas from what He takes away; I lost someone I love most but I got many friends as a substite. Insya Allah this would lead us to a better way to see what lies in front of us.

This bizzare coincidence really opens my eyes to see a wider scope not squared in because of my own thinking.

--Dimas

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waah
Alhamdulillah pak...

mungkin saat ini keadaan saya seperti bapak..

yaa...
suatu saat nanti saya akan mendapatkan seseorang yang lebih baik dari yang ini.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous bukan Jet Li said...

ayo ayo ayo... postingan baru tentang dunia ICT-nya mana nih???

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous axc said...

good writing

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

andai anda lebih rendah hati dan menyadari di atas langt masih ada langit, anda akan lebih berbudi.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home